Click here to view tour dates and prices for ‘Open Studio’ with Michael Goff from Venice to Bay of Poets (Cinque Terre).
Michael Goff moved from India to Australia at the age of ten. From a very young age, he knew he loved to paint. At the age of 14, he was taught tonal oils by Carl Anderson and then taught himself watercolours, acrylics, pastels and inks.
In 1989, he gave up his retail management employment to become a professional artist.
Michael is mainly a landscape artist prefers to paint on location (or plein air). He will also use his own sketches and photos to draw on for inspiration, at a later time.
Michael is a sought after demonstrator and judge for various art societies and rotary shows. He also teaches at Sherbrooke Art Society, Ringwood Art Society, Malvern Art Society and now also teaches at home.
He is a featured artist at several Rotary art shows, and has conducted numerous successful solo and group exhibitions.
Has works in private and corporate collections in Australia, U.S.A., Europe, Scotland, England, China, Japan and Indonesia.
He is a member of the following organisations:
- Sherbrooke Art Society
- The Australian Guild of Realist Artists
Michael Goff has won many awards, including:
- Sir Arthur Streeton Award-Sherbrooke Art Society 1996
- Mt Waverley Art Show 2005 Best Painting any medium under $3000
- Terry Collins Award Gold Medallion exhibition 2005 A.G.R.A.
- Highly commended— St Kevins 2006
- Highly commended—Mt Waverley 2006 pastel and oils
- Highly commended St Kevins oils 2007
- Best Pastel to value $2500 Camberwell Rotary Art Show 2008
- Best Mornington Peninsula Scene Dromana Art Show 2011