(Cultural enthusiaists are also welcome – please read below)
For a copy of Barbara McManus Painting Workshop Brochure – click here.
To view the itinerary, click here.
We would like to invite you to take an inspirational journey through the picturesque Italian landscape of Tuscany/Emilia-Romagna hills in Italy, with guest workshop artist – Barbara McManus.
Be inspired by the magic of watercolour and pastel! The medium suit’s today’s living with little or no drying time and easy to manouver.
Barbara McManus is a respected artist, teacher and judge or art shows around Australia. During this workshop, she will demostrate and critique watercolour and pastel artworks. Many subjects will be covered from still life to figures to landscapes and street scenes.
Barbara will demonstrate techniques, such as ‘blocking in’ method as there is so much freedom in this style, using negative areas to shape the positive. Individual guidance will be offered.
For more information about Barbara McManus, click here.
And for the non-painters
While Barbara is tutoring, Janette Garbuio will be chaperoning the cultural enthusiasts. There is never a dull moment as there is always new areas to explore, historical stories to read and hear. Janette is fluent in Italian and enjoys showing the beauty of the majestic mountainous regions and to communicate with the locals.
PRICE: $4,350 per person (1st deposit of $500 in order to reserve your place)
This painting workshop / cultural tour includes:
- Painting workshop and critiquing as per itinerary
- Historical explanation of the Emilia Romagna / Tuscan Hill Region and the Arts
- Welcome drinks and nibbles
- Twin share accommodation with en-suite facilities*
- All breakfasts & homemade dinners (including a glass of white or red wine with every meal)
- Private bus on all days
- Specialty food tastings
- Bi-lingual speaking tour guides (Italian/English)
- Options on a variety of activities
- Personal tours by local experts & guided walks
- Being part of the Italian community
- Maps, historical booklet & memories to last a lifetime
- Farewell drinks while displaying your art to the locals
Flights not included and travellers are responsible for booking their own flights. Once we have the required minimum numbers, we will contact you so you can arrange your flights. Time permitting, we may visit other interesting places not mentioned in the itinerary.
We also offer the option of traveling to Venice with Janette Garbuio, straight after the tour. For more information, click here.
* Single supplement rate available for an extra $450AUD