Torta di Riso – Easter Family Tradition
This is one of my favorite cakes that my mum makes every Easter. It is tradition to make this cake and serve around Easter time. I hope you will enjoy it too.
Torta Di Riso
- 1 ¼ cup of rice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 cups milk
- pinch of salt
- butter and dried breadcrumbs for the cake tin
- Pour the milk into the casserole, add the sugar and half the lemon rind.
- Place over the heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and salt, simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all the milk. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile separate the egg yolks from the whites and whisk the whites until stiff. Stir in the rice mixture, the yolks, one at a time, then the remaining lemon rim and the almonds.
- Fold in gently the egg whites.
- Grease the cake tin and sprinkle the breadcrumbs, pour in the mixture and bake in preheated moderate oven ( 180C) for about 40 minutes.
When you make it – let us know how it turned out!
« Tuscan and Emilia-Romagna Hills